Research – design – analysis – testing: a powerful resource for success
We are industry leaders in custom manufactured products and strategic partners in the development of innovative components and specialized solutions. Our team of experts is skilled at collaborating with customers to research options and produce the optimal solution. By utilizing a full range of polymer materials—including our own formulations—and the industry’s most advanced manufacturing capabilities, we create solutions that yield true value.
Every new custom project begins with multidiscipline experts and a robust product laboratory and testing facility near Houston, Texas. Located on the same campus as our US manufacturing center to foster a fully cross-discipline culture, our design and engineering is a powerful resource for success.
Experts in difficult to manufacture products
We are industry leaders in difficult-to-manufacture products for specialized applications, making us key partners in the development of innovative components and custom solutions. CDI experts collaborate with our customers to understand the problem, explore options, and produce the best solution.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing process and materials require excellence in engineering.
Our design expertise combined with CAD and CAM, as well as rheological modeling and FEA structural analysis create solutions that yield true value.
Ensuring material properties
Our laboratory facilities validate quality from the start by confirming the specifications of all materials. For applications where the smallest variance can produce unacceptable results, was ensure that critical performance standards are met.
Research and Development
Technical expertise driving innovation
CDI customized products and solutions are based on the integration of materials, design, and engineering expertise. Our expertise is backed by extensive research, testing, and manufacturing capabilities.
Our multidisciplinary project team provides you with a versatile resource for developing unique solutions. When we engage at the concept stage, our teams seek first to understand the full scope of your application and your objectives. From there, we partner with you to ensure your objectives are met – on time and on budget.
We leverage nearly four decades of proven design experience in the energy industry to develop components such as:
Service applications include:
- SigmaSeal® sealing systems
- Patented packer elements
- Tuff Breed® well service packing
- Patented Sintermesh® composite
- Patented non-adjustable packing
Testing is a critical part of our operations
Our energy customers rely on us to manufacture components with tight tolerances and deliver them faster than anyone else in the industry. Testing is a critical component of everything we do so we can meet and exceed customer expectations. When required, we also design product test stands. Analytical testing performed by our laboratory includes:
- Chemical composition
Our laboratory uses a robust spectrum of plastic and elastomer test methods to ensure that material properties meet specifications. These tests include:
- Hardness – Durometer testing for control purposes, since no simple relationship exists between hardness and any fundamental physical property.
- Tensile properties – Physical properties for tensile strength, ultimate elongation and modulus (tensile strength at a given elongation).
- Thermal properties – Measures the performance of the material in a broad range of temperatures considering transition temperatures, coefficient of thermal expansion, and thermal stability.
- Deflection temperature – A comparison of the relative behavior of various materials.
- Compressive properties – Useful in determining specifications for different grades of materials, and in conjunction with other data to determine overall strength.
- Specific gravity – The ratio of the density of a material to the density of a reference substance, generally water. It is used as a quality assurance measurement to assure lot-to-lot consistency.
- Tear resistance – A relative measure of a material’s resistance to tear.
- Compression set – A measure of a material’s retention of elastic properties, particularly useful with squeeze-type seals
- Immersion testing – Provides insight regarding the effect of a particular medium on a specific material.
- Heat aging – Used to determine a material’s deterioration due to dry heat.
- Adhesion – Primarily a quality control test for coating quality and application.